One thing that my husband and I like to do together is cook. It was a lot more enjoyable when we had a bigger kitchen, but we’re making do for now. We had two delicious meals this week that I’d like to share with you!
Since most of my cookbooks are packed away, I’ve been getting a lot of recipes from Pinterest and will do my best to give credit where it’s due.
The first one was a Skillet Creamy Garlic Chicken with Broccoli. I halved the recipe from the blog, and ended up making a change or two along the way. This was extremely easy to make and all in one pan, which was awesome. Less cleanup = Happy Ashley!
1 LB Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts (I cubed mine since I had to use a wok instead of a skillet and didn’t know how the breasts would fit)
1/4 TSP paprika
2 TBLS butter, divided
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 can condensed cream of chicken soup (I used the whole can)
90 ML water (I guessed)
1/2 TSP chopped fresh parsley (I omitted this)
1-1.5 c. chopped broccoli
lemon wedges, optional
1. Season chicken with salt, pepper and paprika. Set aside. (I wished that I’d done this ahead of time and maybe let it marinate in a lemon butter sauce for a couple hours.)
2. Heat large pan on medium-high heat. Melt 1/2 of the butter. Add chicken and cook for 5 minutes each side (I guessed since mine was cut up) or until browned. Remove from pan, cover and keep warm.
3. In same pan, melt remaining butter. Add garlic and cook until lightly browned and fragrant. Whisk in soup and water. Cook until bubbly, turn heat to low.
4. Add chicken and broccoli to pan. Cover and cook for 10-ish minutes or until chicken is cooked through and broccoli is desired level of cooked.
5. Serve with rice or pasta, lemon wedges and parsley.
Ohhhkayyy….so my second recipe is SUPER easy and total comfort food. Which is perfect for January. Another one dish win….crockpot style! Introducing Crockpot Chicken and Dumplings!
1 Large Onion, diced
1 can cream of celery soup
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 TSP poultry seasoning
1 LB boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 c. chicken broth
2 c. frozen vegetables (peas, carrots, corn…I did just corn and it was probably more like 3 c.)
1 can (8 pieces) refrigerated biscuits
1. Spray crockpot with no-stick spray
2. Add onion to crockpot and top with chicken breasts.
3. Combine soups, seasoning and pepper in a bowl. Whisk and then pour over chicken.
4. Cook on HIGH 6 hours.
5. Approximately 1-1.5 hours before serving, roll biscuits out flat. Cut into 4 strips. Add to crock with frozen veggies. Stir and continue cooking.
6. Remove chicken breasts about an hour later, shred and return to crockpot until biscuits are cooked.
We’ve made chicken and dumplings in the crockpot before and have found that the biscuits sometimes take a little longer to cook than I’ve planned. It all depends on how big the pieces are so take that into consideration. Such an easy recipe to make and also had enough for leftovers the next day, which is when everything is usually extra delicious!